Pages



10/2/12

Santa Ynez via Sunset Magazine

Continuing my entree into the world of Twitter, yesterday I participated in a @SunsetMag photo contest and submitted a photo from a trip I recently took to Santa Ynez Valley.... The picture (below) was taken during a summer screening at Kalyra Winery, and has since been selected, retweeted and included in Sunset Magazine's Facebook Photo Album!
I couldn't be more excited about this considering Sunset Magazine is by far my favorite publication and this particular trip to Santa Ynez was one of our best trips yet! To build upon this momentum ~ I've quickly put together a list of my top three wineries to visit in the Santa Ynez Valley, each with some pictures and I also listed a dreamy vacation rental I posted about previously, to complete the post.
 Top 3 Wineries in the Santa Ynez Valley
1). Sunstone Winery
Its like a taste of Tuscany only 2 hours from LA.  Bring a picnic, sneak around in the caves or lay out on the lawn, Sunstone Winery is a must-stop for me whenever we are in Santa Ynez. 
2). LaFond Winery & Vineyard
The definition of Spanish Colonial Revival style, with a modern twist, LaFond is in Bullerton but well worth the trip. When we were there, we were the only people tasting....and they even let you take home the glass!
3). Kalyra Winery (Pictured at the Top)
So you know that scene in SIDEWAYS, yes the movie, where Jack (Paul Giamatti) meets the flirtatious Stephanie (Sandra Oh), well that's Kalyra! A fun, funky, laid-back winery with great Gewurztraminer and movies amongst the vines. Its also next to Sunstone, so its an easy 1-2 stop. 
If you want to plan something really special - I'd stay here
For just $375 its steal for a house with so much style. Simple Spanish ranch architecture, decadent chandeliers, overly abundant white decor and the clean SoHo lofty feel, the entire property has me swooning!

No comments:

Post a Comment