Pages



2/18/11

Homeaway (from home) Friday ~ Casa Mon Amour

Once a month my girlfriends get together to indulge in a yummy meal, a drink and an in-depth catch up session, but no matter how fast we talk or how late we stay up, it just never feels like enough time. So I got to thinking (and searching) for the perfect home away from home for a weekend away with my closest (gal) pals.
There is just something about the simple Spanish ranch architecture, the decadent chandeliers, the abundant white decor and the clean SoHo lofty feel that has me swooning for this romantically chic  2 bed 2 bath estate in the Santa Ynez region of California. For just $375 a night a girls weekend is in order....Here
Get Me There: Two hours north on the 101 and just a bit upward and inland from Santa Barbara, you'll find yourself in the picture perfect Santa Ynez viticultural valley. Of course its been written about, but when you arrive, it still feels like you've stumbled upon the best kept secret in wine making. The region is sprinkled with beautiful California oaks, golden rolling hills, amazing wines (especially know for its Pinot Noir to the west, and Cabernet and Merlot to the east) great restaurants and perfectly quaint local markets. Give me a baguette, some cheese and set me free amongst the vines...

Give Me Food (err I mean booze):  Sometimes wine just deserves more love. That said, here are my must stop spots for Santa Ynez tastings: 
For the fun funky adventure seeker who doesn't care about oak barrel caves: Artiste 
For the person that wishes they were in Tuscany: Sunstone
For the traditionalist with taste: Bridlewood
For the girl who is looking to find a cowboy, line dance and drink beer: Maverick Saloon

Let Me Sleep: Snuggle up on one of the many cozy couches or comfy beds at Casa Mon Amour. With 20 acres of private land surrounding you, I can almost guarantee you won't be disturbed. No matter what, I'd be sure to take a tub and a snooze in this dreamlike bathroom. 
My bags are packed...ladies LETS GO!

3 comments:

  1. Watch the red wine.... Just sayin'....

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you have the link for Casa Man Amour? I don't believe the one you have listed leads to the right property. Thanks & love your blog!

    ReplyDelete