Pages



6/1/14

Homeway (from home) ~ Vintage Travel Trailer in Nashville, Tennessee

It's no secret - I love vintage trailers - and I'm constantly scouring craigslist for a gem of my own, but until I take the renovation plunge, a stay in J. Wes Yoder's clean and cozy 1962 Shasta camper in the heart of East Nashville would more than make do!

Just a short walk from downtown 
Nashville, the  trailer feels much larger than it's 100 square feet foot print sounds. The clean white walls reflect lots of natural light, and nestled in the back of a foliage full garden, this Airbnb abode feels like a retro hip summer camp hideout. During the remodel J. Wes did away with the original bathroom in favor of a charming adjacent bathhouse but for guests who prefer to shower al fresco (me), a simple outdoor shower above slate pavers is hidden between the bathhouse and camper. The camper does not have internet or TV, but why would you need it when guests can join the host for dinner in his garden. Not into socializing? don't fret - in J. Wes's Airbnb description he notes that 'every guest is different' and he 'always respects privacy first'.  But he also says 'My House is a social place' and rumor on the street is that some guests end up dancing the night away at one of his parties - which sounds more like my Tennessee speed. Regardless I can’t imagine a better introduction to Nashville. Book it at airbnb.com for just $95 per night.






Photography by Laura Dart for J. Wes Yoder found via. Gardenista 
...and I'm off to scour craigslist for a camper of my own. #gmoola 

No comments:

Post a Comment