Pages



10/12/12

Apple Picking ~ Inspiration for Fall

Fall has officially arrived in Southern California. The last two day's have been filled with the most beautiful cumulus clouds, sporadic rain showers and the smell of fires. Fall my most favorite season. It's the perfect excuse to load up on fresh baked breads, sleep in late, bundle up in layers, read a good book, take a long bath, be with friends and family..... and pick apples (of course).
Thanks to my good friend, and fellow blogger The Lush Chef, today's itinerary is easy to come up with (because it's hers)!  For a sweet and simple day trip (only 90 minutes from the west side) spend the day in Oak Glen and come home stocked with organic apples for pies and pumpkins for carving. The day itinerary is as follows:
  • 9 am – Depart Santa Monica
  • 10:30am – Arrive at Rios Los Rancho for apple picking - 
  • Noon – Grab lunch at Oak Tree Village
  • 2pm – Pick up cider & indulge in mini donuts at Snowline 
  • 3pm – Head home
So there you have it. The perfect get me out of LA fall day trip, brought you by my friend with the most outstanding taste. My only addition would be to top off the trip with one of TheLushChef's fall themed cocktails. I mean... The Fig Old Fashioned has me freakin'
Photo courtesy of The Lush Chef blog
I've also posted more fall inspired photos below ~ TGIF everybody
Add caption
ReBlogged from ThatKindOfWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment