Pages



3/25/11

HomeAway (from Home) Fridays ~ Island Escapes


I'm currently cruising at 35,000 feet slowly making my way back home after a week of judging films (many thanks to the Bermuda International Film Festival) and getting some much needed post-oscar, pink sand, beachfront R&R. Before this week, I'd never been to Bermuda but after this week, I'll most definitely be back. I was lodged at the perfectly wonderful Fairmont Hamilton Princess, but for my next trip I'm going to rally my friends and family and stay here...
At the furthest western end of the island, these newly developed condos are close to just about everything (well to be honest, everything is close to everything in Bermuda) especially if you rent a scooter! These 3 bedroom mid-atlantic oases are clean and modern (which is rare on a island established in the 1600's), not to mention there are 3 different condos to choose from (I'm always a top floor kind of person) or you can rent them all (hello family reunion)
Get Me There: Only a two hour flight from NYC, this homeaway is ideal for all my east coast buddies trying to shake the winter chill. Delta, American and Jet Blue all fly into this island paradise for as little as $200 r/t  but don't forget to pack your passport! Bermuda is a British overseas territory. Once there, rent a scooter and make sure you use the amazing ferry systems and public transit to explore all sides of the island. Taxis are pricey, so try to avoid them if possible. 

Give Me Food: I'm planning to post more about Bermuda while its fresh in my mind on Monday, but for now I think the most important place to stock the fridge is Miles Market. Think: Whole Foods with local island flare. It has everything you'll need for the week and be sure to load up on Barritts diet ginger beer, it quietly became my week long island obsession.

Give Me Something More:  You'll have to wait till Monday when I'll be posting about the islands best Fish Sandwich, Perfect Romantic Restaurants and Deep Underground Swimming Holes. Until then, mix yourself a Dark 'N' Stormy and enjoy the below Bermudian teaser

No comments:

Post a Comment