Pages



2/11/11

Homeaway (from home) Fridays - Sayulita Arriba!

I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one reading this that teases themselves with daily travel alerts and flight specials. From Jetsetter to Kayak I can count on at least 3 emails a day to get my mind wondering. Yesterday, Travel Zoo was taunting me with round trip tickets to Mexico for practically pennies. It was part of some spring break promotion but it got me thinking... what better way to replenish my vitamin D and shake the winter chill than a quick jaunt south of the border for a weekend getaway in March, April or May.
The traditional (and often tasteless) spring break vacation has never been my thing...but I have recently honed a new skill: Finding the best spring break flight deals and planing my next escape around them. So this spring break instead of clubbing, I'll be tanning and instead of eating at Senior Frogs while having tequila forced down my throat by a whistling maniac, I'll be cooking fresh fish from the local market and sipping a homemade margarita with lime... all while taking in the 360 degree views of both ocean and untamed jungle from my Homeaway (from home) in Sayulita, Mexico. Arriba!
Perched atop the cliff at the southern most point of Saylulita’s main beach, casa Estrella del Mar provides uninterrupted views and tranquility.  Floor to ceiling windows, crisp white walls, minimalist modern decor and a solar heated infinity pool. For as low as $125 a night this two story, one bedroom gem is hard to beat. Just a 10 minute walk to town or the beach del Mar is the epitome of perfect. Sold? Click here to reserve now...
Get me There: Keep an eye on your email! Most major airlines will be promoting Spring Break flight deals from LAX to various destinations in Mexico over the coming weeks. According to Kayak.com right now, you can find flights for as low as $354 roundtrip. Once you’ve arrived in Puerto Vallarta, the easiest way to get to Sayulita is by renting a car, but I also know people that have taken the bus from the airport for only $25 pesos.  Either way, its a quick 24 mile drive from the airport to your new home (on loan). Which ever way you get there be sure to pack your board and bathing suit, this quiet beach town is known for its amazing surf.

Give Me Food: I have yet to visit Sayulita (I’m planing to go in April), but I have lots of friends that have been and even a few that have lived there. All of them recommend Panino’s, a tiny little ‘order at the counter’ store that makes delicious croissants, sandwiches and mini pecan pies. Personally, I’d rather have a box of locally grown organic food delivered straight to casa Estrella del Mar so I can graze at my leisure...Organic Select can stock the kitchen with everything you need to never have to leave the house. From free range meats, homemade bread, sustainable produce and even local organic wines, there is something about supporting this company that makes me feel better about being a tourist.  The minimum order for delivery is approximately $35 dollars and that should keep your fridge full for your entire stay. Just be sure to place your order the Tuesday before your trip and your goods will be delivered by Friday morning. Yum.

Let Me Sleep:  I’ve always been fan of Mid-Century and Modern architecture and the clean, open, light ambiance of this rental seem a perfect match for me. Give me a book, a bathing suit and a silk robe and let me lounge in peace. Ready. Set. Namaste. 

7 comments:

  1. I just got back from a week in Sayulita. You're gonna LOVE it!
    Find Yoga Ma on the beach for some wonderful stretching: http://www.yogamabarbara.com/;
    It's also a great place to learn how to surf, or surf to your heart's content.
    Also, be sure to visit the Huichol Center for Cultural Survival and Traditional Arts and talk with Susannah, the gringa who has spent 30 years immersed in the tribe! She's teaching them how to use computer graphics to mass produce their yarn paintings. And their jewelry is fabulous too!
    http://www.huicholcenter.org/hc_projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post Emily. We just booked our tickets for easter weekend. I'll be sure to fit in some Yoga, surfing and Susannah!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually staying in this house in May and I can not wait! Please let me know of any tips you have!!!

    amanda
    thepinkfork.com
    thepinkfork@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I most definitely will Amanda! I can't wait to get down there. 4 days in counting!
    PS. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am headed to Sayulita tomorrow and will be there over Easter (staying at Estrella), any comments on the business over Easter? I keep reading about it and it's scaring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anonymous - So sorry I missed your comment! The great thing about Estrella is that you are away from the crowds....Easter is actually when my husband and I usually go! Its fun and packed but again the house is tucked up and away from downtown where it gets really busy! Hope you enjoyed your trip! Feel free to email me anytime with questions getmeoutofla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete